Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mom and Dad come to visit...

Holy Cow!!! It has been ages since I've posted anything on here. The rest of my January was filled with school and final exams. I ended up getting all A's, so I'm pretty happy about that. February was a month full of travel. Before I left France for England, we found a place to watch the Super Bowl, it started at Midnight, but it was still a ton of fun. I left for London on Feb. 5th, and stayed until the 9th. I had so much fun. I did the bus tour, saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, saw lots of museums, saw the musical Wicked, saw Shakespeare's Globe Theater, the Tower of London, and a lot more. I even got a chance to see one of my good friends from high school Marina, who is studying there. After that, I headed out to Oxford University for the weekend to see my friend Nana from Camp Kennolyn. We hadn't seen eachother in like 10 years so it was really good to catch up. We did all of the touristy stuff, walked around, had tea, and just hung out. I even got to see where part of the Harry Potter films are filmed. Remeber the dining hall at Hogwarts? Well, that is at Oxford in Christ Church College. After that, I headed back to London to collect my mom and dad. We had lots of fun. We went to Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, and just had a fun time walking around. We got really good seats (4th row) for the Queen musical We Will Rock You for Valentine's Day. It was so much fun. My mom and I also went on the London Eye, which was really cool. After London, we headed over to France. We stayed at a really cute little hotel over by the Opera building. The first night we went to my favorite bar The Moose (it's Canadian, and they speak English). We got to hang out, watch some sports, and drink beer. The next day, Friday, we did laundry at my place, then walked Rue de Rivoli, had hot chocolate at Angelina's (it's literally melted chocolate), went to the Louvre, and then ate dinner at a nearby cafe. Saturday, Mom headed off to the Rodin Museum, and Dad and I went to the Musee d'Invalides and the Musee d'Armee. Then we went up to Montmartre and Sacre Coeur, and we also saw the Moulin Rouge. We had a really good Italian style dinner. Sunday we got up early and climbed up the bell towers of Notre Dame before Mass. We went to mass at 11:30, and it was awesome. After that, we had lunch at a little Fondue place in the Latin quarter, and then went souvenir shopping. Then we went on a boat cruise down the Seine and attempted to go up the Eiffel Tower, but the lines were just way to long. For dinner we found this American type restaurant, it was pretty good. Monday we had brunch at the Breakfast in America diner out by the Sorbonne. Then we went to the Pantheon where we saw Pierre and Marie Curie, Louis Braille, Voltaire, Victor Hugo, and lots of other famous people (all dead of course). Then we went and walked by the Sorbonne, and then down past the Luxembourg Gardens to my school, the Instituit Catholique. After that we went and saw the Church of St. Sulpice. Then we went back to my place and did laundry. After that, we went out to dinner and my friend Sarah came with us, it was tons of fun. Then we went back to the hotel, and put Dad into a cab for the aiport hotel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meghan, I know your dad was really excited about the trip and being able to see you. I'm really happy your having such a good time in Europe.
Ben Baker

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
I've never heard your Mom talk about chocolate the way she talked about the dessert you guys had. She was sighing heavenly sighs. Way to go! Great blog! How was your Easter travels? Love Aunt Denise